iAlert.com offers an “Impact Based Weather Observation Alert Monitoring service”. This service monitors over 2000 U.S. weather stations in real-time and sends email and/or text alert notifications when select select temperature, dew point, windchill, heat index, wind speed, visibility and/or hourly rainfall criteria are met at one or more of these locations.
- Surface observation monitoring for nearly 2000 different surface observing systems across the U.S.
- Alerts can be based on wind speed, wind gust, temperature, and visibility.
- Uses of the surface observation monitoring service are broad and include uses at sporting events, by construction companies, lawn services, farmers, storm chasers, or just about any person or company dependent on real-time weather conditions.
- Monitoring alerts sent by email and/or text message with option to send to multiple email addresses and text enabled mobile devices.
For example Alert Criteria:
- Wind speed is greater than equal (>=) 25 mph to protect job site
- Temperature drops below freezing, (<) 32F to protect plants
- Heat index rises above (>) 100F to take precautions at sporting events.
- The type of monitoring alerts are many and customized to fit your needs
Example of Configuration Interface: