Do you know your safe place?
If a tornado warning is issued, you won’t have much time to find shelter. Do you know your safe place??Get to the lowest level, find an interior room with no windows, put as many walls between you & the outdoors as possible, & cover your head & neck. Here are some simple considerations to keep you and your family safe
- Head to the basement
- If you have no basement move to an interior room with no windows
- Quickly move to your basement and bring your emergency supply kit
- Top floor rooms DO NOT protect you
- Exterior rooms and rooms with windows DO NOT protect you
- NO PLACE OUTSIDE is safe from a tornado
Learn more about emergency preparedness.