National Hurricane Center: Hurricane Webinar 2019
A free webinar on hurricanes will be offered for grades 4, 5, and 6 on Monday May 6, 2019 at 10am EDT and Thursday May 9, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. EDT (9am CDT). The Monday May 6 webinar is only for schools in CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT. The Thursday May 9 webinar is for schools in any state.
This webinar is part of the 2019 Hurricane Preparedness Week and the NOAA Hurricane Awareness Tour. The webinar will be broadcast live from the Charlotte, NC stop off the Hurricane Awareness Tour.
The 2019 Hurricane Webinar for 4th through 6th grade classes are presented by the Hurricanes: Science and Society (HSS) team at the University of Rhode Island’s Graduate School of Oceanography (URI/GSO) in partnership with the NOAA National Hurricane Center (NHC) and the NOAA Aircraft Operations Center (AOC). The purpose of the Hurricane Webinars is to raise awareness about hurricanes in advance of the 2019 North Atlantic hurricane season.
During this free webinar, students will hear from NHC forecasters as well as NOAA AOC personnel who fly into hurricanes. The webinar will cover hurricane hazards, forecasting, observing hurricanes with airplanes, and hurricane preparedness.
NHC 2019 Webinar Registration
- Thursday, May 9, 2019 at 10am EDT, 9am CDT / Live from Charlotte, NC
- Monday, May 6, 2019 at 10am EDT? / Live from Quonset, RI
- 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Names
- Hurricane Preparedness: Before a Hurricane
- Hurricane Preparedness: Durring a Hurricane
- Hurricane Preparedness: After a Hurricane
- Know The Hurricane Hazard Terms
- About the National Hurricane Center
- Sign-up to Receive Real-time “Tropical Weather” Email & Text Message Alerts